Sunday, July 15, 2012

D&G Flower Sunglasses and Color Blocked Oxfords

 
 
 
This outfit was inspired by a few things. I loved the D&G flowered sunglasses from their spring collection. I was also swooning over the color blocked oxfords that are huge in men's wear right now. So of course, I had to steel both looks. The oxfords are a bit more subtle, but later I plan to paint over the white. This is just a base for the next color so it will pop. If you'd like to see a DIY TUTORIAL on these, comment below and I'll do one soon. 
 I'm not even gonna lie. These are without a doubt the best photos I have taken of myself (meaning I did this with a tripod) since I've been blogging. If you have been reading my blog for a while, then you know that I haven't always been taking personal style photos. My blog used to be an inspiration site. That was all fine and dandy, but at a certain point I made a decision to make all the content original. Of course this takes a lot more effort, but I truly enjoy it. I don't have someone taking my photos for me. I do it all myself (for my blog and all my other projects). Everything on this site and my other site was all done by me! I honestly try to make my photos as dynamic as I possibly can with a tripod. I'm currently looking for a new camera though, so that I can raise the quality.
 It honestly takes a lot for me to upload photos, because I am such a perfectionist. I can't tell you how many times I've spent hours taking photos, but didn't upload them because they didn't meet my standards. I truly have to force myself to upload them. I'm usually behind the camera rather than in front, so controlling both sides and still getting the results you're looking for takes practice. With me, I have to match these images to the images I have created in my head, and when I do it feels amazing! And right now, I feel pretty good about these images...

I hope you enjoyed this and I love you for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment